Safeguarding Your Home and Health from PFAS
with Culligan of The Low Country & Savannah
In today’s world, concerns about the presence of harmful chemicals in our environment and their impact on our health are more significant than ever. One group of chemicals that has garnered increased attention in recent years is PFAS, or per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances, often referred to as “forever chemicals” due to their persistence in the environment. In this article, we will explore what PFAS are, their effects on humans, and how homeowners in Hilton Head, Savannah and surrounding areas can protect their families using Culligan of The Low Country & Savannah’s Aquasential® Smart Reverse Osmosis system.
What Are PFAS Forever Chemicals?
PFAS are a group of synthetic chemicals used in a wide range of industrial and consumer products, from non-stick cookware to water-resistant fabrics. These chemicals are known for their resistance to heat, water, and oil, making them useful in various applications. However, this durability comes at a cost, as PFAS are highly resistant to breaking down in the environment.
What Do PFAS Do to Humans?
The concern with PFAS lies in their potential health effects on humans. Prolonged exposure to PFAS has been associated with various health issues, including:
- Developmental Delays: PFAS exposure has been linked to developmental delays in children, affecting their growth and cognitive functions.
- Increased Cancer Risk: Some PFAS have been classified as potential carcinogens, raising concerns about an increased risk of cancer among exposed individuals.
Hormonal Disruption: PFAS may interfere with hormonal balance in the body, potentially leading to reproductive and thyroid problems.
- Weakened Immune System: There is evidence suggesting that PFAS exposure can weaken the immune system, making individuals more susceptible to infections and diseases.
Examples of PFAS in Food
PFAS can enter our bodies through various pathways, including contaminated food. Common examples of PFAS in food include:
- Seafood: PFAS can accumulate in fish and seafood from contaminated water sources.
- Packaged and Processed Foods: PFAS can migrate from food packaging materials into the packaged food itself.
- Produce from Contaminated Soil: Vegetables and fruits grown in soil with PFAS contamination can also contain traces of these chemicals. PFAS can seep through this contaminated soil into your water source as well.
Protecting Your Family with Culligan of The Low Country & Savannah
Given the potential risks associated with PFAS in Hilton Head Island, Savannah and surrounding areas, safeguarding your family’s health becomes a top priority. Culligan of The Low Country & Savannah offers a solution in the form of the Aquasential® Smart Reverse Osmosis system with the Total Defense carteridge.
Culligan water has long been synonymous with better drinking water. The Culligan Hilton Head team brings their expertise to help homeowners in the Low Country and Savannah areas enjoy the benefits of cleaner water by reducing contaminants like PFAS through reverse osmosis technology.
Aquasential® Smart Reverse Osmosis is a cutting-edge water purification system that uses a multi-stage filtration process to reduce impurities, including PFAS, from your tap water. It ensures that you and your family can enjoy safe and clean drinking water right from your kitchen sink.
Protecting your family from the potential dangers of PFAS starts with clean and safe drinking water. Contact Culligan of The Low Country & Savannah today to learn more about their Aquasential® Smart Reverse Osmosis system. Take the proactive step towards safeguarding your family’s health and enjoy the peace of mind that comes with knowing you have access to clean and safe drinking water at home. Your family’s health is worth it!
Stay informed about the presence of PFAS in our environment and taking steps to mitigate exposure is crucial. With Culligan’s expertise and the Aquasential® Smart Reverse Osmosis system, you can protect your family and provide them with the pure, safe drinking water they deserve. Schedule a free consultation with Culligan of The Low Country and Savannah and get expert advice and service.